Click + to view
Initial Meeting with All Decision Makers Present
- We’ll discuss your project and walk through your space.
- As we review your wish list, I’ll listen to your thoughts and share feedback.
- We’ll consider various space plans and we will measure your space.
- For your design, I’ll create one to three concepts and price your materials.
- Your project may include cabinets only, or some sub-set of materials, or a full renovation, which includes materials and installation.
- We’ll discuss product lines, countertops, appliances, tile, flooring and plumbing fixtures.
- Your agreement fee will be collected to fund your designs and price your project.*
* This fee is nonrefundable and applied towards your contract when you move forward with your project.
- I’ll return in approximately two weeks to review your schematic designs and pricing.
- For certain projects, we create a 3-D digital model to provide a virtual walk-through of your space.
- We’ll discuss our mutual ability to move forward and the steps and fees necessary to begin your project.
- I’ll prepare floor plans, elevations, section details and price your specific selections, as well as demolition and installation costs.
- During this time, we’ll meet as needed to fine tune the design. This phase can range from one to three months or more, depending on your availability and decision making.
- We’ll enact a contract that defines the work schedule and payment plan for your project.
Preparation Before Construction
- As we wait for your cabinet delivery (from six to nine weeks, depending on the cabinet manufacturer), you’ll prepare your home for construction.
- The kitchen (or bath) must be cleared out and a temporary kitchen can be planned.
- Your installation crews will begin demolition and construction approximately one to two weeks prior to the cabinet delivery or on the week of delivery. Your start time exists in relation to your cabinet delivery and the size of your job. Below is a typical installation schedule. Your installation may vary a bit from this timeline due to various factors.
Days 1-2: Demolition
Days 3-7: Electrical and plumbing rough in
Days 8-14: Drywall work and, if applicable, floor preparation
Days 15-21: Begin cabinet installation
Days 22-25: Measure countertops and install one week later
Days 26-33: Finish cabinet installation and install moldings
Final week: Electrical and plumbing hook up. Floor finish work and backsplash installation, if applicable.
Request a Free Phone Consultation
Ready to start your project with us? We have a few short questions to identify your needs. For a free phone consultation, please fill out the form here.