Whether you are remodeling your kitchen, bathroom, guest room, or office, your design choices should be timeless. What may be trendy today may be considered dated tomorrow. Changing your home’s design to fit the trend can be costly and time consuming. It is best to consider renovating your home to incorporate design elements that are classic, long-lasting, and can provide you great value if you choose to sell in the future. Below are timeless tips to help during the renovation process:
1. Storage space will always be trendy. If you are remodeling a room in the house, adding extra storage can be helpful year-round. Walking to a linen closet to get towels before a shower will not be necessary if you have extra storage in your bathroom. Kitchen utensils can stay where they belong… in the kitchen. Even winter clothes can be removed from the attic and moved to your closet when storage space is created.
2. Ageless design is not only timeless, but appealing to home buyers if you choose to sell in the future. Elements of ageless design can range from interior lighting in cabinets to pull-out drawers for items that need to be easily accessible.
4. Don’t be afraid to choose white cabinets, paint, backsplash, and/or countertops. You can add your personal touch to white easily! This color is truly classic and all other colors “pop” when paired with white. Add your style with colors using placemats, curtains, rugs, knobs on cabinets, and more.
3. Hardwood floors are beautiful, add value to your home, and easy to maintain. What can be more timeless than that?
5. Subway tiles are simple, come in a variety of colors, and add a traditional feel to your home. The look and design of subway tiles never get old. This would be a great opportunity to consider white for your kitchen or bathroom. Neutral colors are best when going for a timeless renovation.
At Kitchen Elements, we want to work with you to determine what makes you comfortable and your home elegant. Recent trends are easily attainable through the right renovation and design decisions. Your home can be trendy and valuable. To discuss design ideas for your next home renovation project, contact Kitchen Elements!